- Service: TheMortgageRate.ca provides a comparison service for Financial products including mortgage rates, and obtain free credit reports from our partners (collectively, “Financial Products”), to allow Users to compare rates and evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of Financial Products in order to select the Financial Products that such Users believe to be best suited to their needs.
- Financial Products Disclaimer: TheMortgageRate.ca operates a mortgage brokerage o/a Transglobal Mortgage Corp.
- Service Disclaimer: By using the Services, you understand and acknowledge that TheMortgageRate.ca provides a platform for Users to get information on and compare third party Financial Products. TheMortgageRate.ca is not a provider, vendor or broker of Financial Products, nor is it a financial advisor. The information provided on the Website is provided through Transglobal Mortgage Corp. & third party vendors for information purposes only and is not and should not be construed as financial advice or any other kind of advice. TheMortgagRate.ca makes no representations or warranties about the accuracy of any information contained on the Website, and shall not be responsible for any inaccuracies, misrepresentations, errors or omissions in the information provided therein, and some information may not always be up to date. Additionally, some of the information about certain Financial Products appearing on the Website is provided directly by Vendors, not by TheMortgageRate.ca (“Vendor Content”). As between TheMortgageRate.ca and Vendor, Vendors are exclusively responsible for Vendor Content, and TheMortgageRate.ca shall not be responsible for any Vendor Content or for any inaccuracies in any Vendor Content or any losses, claims, expenses, damages, or liabilities that arise as a result of any Vendor Content. Users are strongly encouraged to use common sense and discretion and to do their own research before relying on any of the information provided by the Website, and to consult an independent competent professional (such as, without limitation, an accountant, real estate agent, mortgage broker or lawyer) before transacting with any Vendor for any Financial Product. We are not responsible for any advice provided by any professional you consult, nor are we responsible for the acts or omissions of any Vendor or User or for any actual, failed, proposed or discussed transaction following your use of the Services or any other decisions you make as a result of using the Website and/or Services. Users hereby understand and agree to use the information contained on this Website at their own risk.
- Registration: You do not need an account in order to view the Website, however if you do not register for an account certain features of the Website, such as a fill an online credit Application, will not be available to you. Users have the option to register for a TheMortgageRate.ca account. In order to register for an account, you will be required to provide your personal information such as your name & e-mail address. You will also be required to select a username and password. You are responsible for all activity that occurs on your account, so please select a strong password and do not share it with any other individual or entity. TheMortgageRate.ca is not liable for any of the activity occurring on your account, including any unauthorized access to your account. Please notify us immediately if you believe your account has been compromised.
- Technical information: When you visit our website, we may collect, using electronic means such as cookies, technical information. This information may include information about your visit to our website, including the IP address of your computer and which browser you used to view our website, your operating system, resolution of screen, location, language settings in browsers, the site you came from, keywords searched (if arriving from a search engine), the number of page views, information you entered, advertisements you have seen, etc. This data is used to determine the user's approximate geographic location, to measure and improve the effectiveness of our website or enhance the experience for our customers. For instance, it may be used to ensure that the products advertised on our website are available in your area or that we are not showing you the same ads repeatedly. We treat this information as personal information when it is associated with your account or contact information. For instance, we may collect and use the following type of information when you visit and/or interact with us on our websites
- Google Analytics: We use Google Analytics which allows us to see information on user website activities including, but not limited to, page views, source and time spent on our website. This information is depersonalized and is displayed as numbers, meaning that it cannot be traced back to individuals. You may opt-out of our use of Google Analytics by visiting the Google Analytics opt-out page.
- Google AdWords: We use Google AdWords Remarketing to advertise TheMortgageRate.ca across the Internet and to advertise on third party websites (including Google) to previous visitors to our websites. AdWords remarketing will display ads to you based on what parts of the TheMortgageRate.ca website you have viewed by placing a cookie on your web browser. It could mean that we advertise to previous visitors who haven't completed a task on our site or this could be in the form of an advertisement on the Google search results page, or a site in the Google Display Network. This cookie does not in any way identify you or give access to your computer or mobile device. The cookie is only used to indicate to other websites that you have visited a particular page on our website, so that they may show you ads relating to that page. If you do not wish to participate in our Google AdWords Remarketing, you can opt out by visiting Google's Ads Preferences Manager.
- Third Party Advertising: We may use third-party advertising companies to collect data and/or serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information about your visits to our website and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you, at all times, in compliance with applicable privacy laws. These companies may also use other types of technologies to recognize your computer or device and/or to collect and record information about your web surfing activity including your activities on or off this website. Please keep in mind that your web browser may not permit you to block the use of these non-cookie technologies, and those browser settings that block cookies may have no effect on such techniques. You can also generally opt-out of receiving personalized ads from third party advertisers and ad networks who are members of the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada. Please visit the DAAC opt-out page for more information, including if you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies