Collection of Information: We aim to collect, use and disclose only such information as is required to enable us to manage your account, to provide the Services, to maintain our customer/user lists, to respond to your inquiries or provide feedback, for identification and authentication purposes, and for service improvement. We will maintain the confidentiality of any contact information you provide to us when you sign up for our Services, marketing communications, or contact us with questions or for further information and we will use it only for the purposes for which we have collected it (subject to the exclusions and disclosures we have listed below), unless you agree that we may disclose it to other third parties.
Two types of information may be collected through the Website and our Services:
Personal Information and Website Information
“Personal Information” is personally identifiable information, such as your name, address, e-mail address, credit card information, address, birth date and gender. At the time of collection, we will clearly identify the information being collected and the purposes for which it will be used. It is always your choice whether or not to provide Personal Information but if you choose not to provide certain requested Personal Information, in some instances you may not be able to access and use all of the features of the Website and Services. In other instances, your choice not to provide certain other Personal Information may mean that you will not be able to use certain features of the Website. We may collect Personal Information in respect of the Website through registration process, request form submission, quote inquiries, communications with you; user support; online tools; and expert advice services.
“Website Information” is information we collect when you visit our Website, such as an Internet Protocol Address (IP Address), the domain used to access the Website, and the type and version of browser or operating system being used by visitors to the Website.
We also collect aggregate information, such as demographic statistics of our users (e.g. average age or geographical allocation of our users), number of visitors, what pages users access or visit, and average time spent on the Website. Similarly, business contact information such as the name, title, business address, or telephone number of a business or professional person or an employee of an organization is not considered Personal Information when such information is used for the purposes of contacting the individual in their business/professional capacity.
OUR PURPOSES FOR COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will gather and utilization of individual data singularly with the target of satisfying those reasons indicated by us and for other good purposes, unless we get the assent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will provide products and services to you.
- We will process mortgage pre-qualifications and inquiries you submit to us, either directly or through one of the mortgage brokers or agents in our network.
- We will facilitate your relationship and business dealings with the mortgage brokers and agents in our network, and with users of our products and services.
- We will understand and respond to your needs and preferences, including recommending particular products and services to meet your needs.
- We will develop, market, sell or otherwise provide our products and services.
- We will establish and maintain a commercial relationship with you, including to establish your identity and to fulfill contractual obligations.
- We will obtain credit information with your consent, if you are applying for credit or a mortgage.
- We will develop, manage and improve our business and operations.
- We will just hold individual data the length of essential for the satisfaction of those reasons.
- We will gather individual data by legal and reasonable means and, where fitting, with the information or assent of the individual concerned.
- Personal information ought to be important to the reasons for which it is to be utilized, and, to the degree essential for those reasons, ought to be exact, finished, and updated.
- We will protect individual data by security shields against misfortune or burglary, and also unapproved access, divulgence, duplicating, use or alteration.
- We will promptly provide customers with access to our policies and procedures for the administration of individual data.
- We protect us from error, breach of contract, negligence, fraud and illegal activity.
- We comply with legal or regulatory requirements or provisions.
If we need your personal information for any other purpose, we will identify that purpose and obtain your consent if required by law.
Security: We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.